Where did you go?
Where did you go? - I said to him. -
What could have been so important?
What could have been so important? - I asked,
sticking a vocal finger in his absent face, -
that you deemed it necessary to leave,
that you felt it impossible to stay?!
Do not be afraid! you said to me.
For the Lord, your God!
is with you. You said you were with me. -
And at this point in my soliloquy
to the emptiness, I began to get a little upset. -
YOU SAID YOU WERE WITH ME!
YOU LOOKED ME IN THE HEART, AND YOU SAID
I will never leave you!
Nor forsake you!
Do not fear! for the Lord, your God
is with you!
Is with me... but you are not here.
I cannot see you. - And in the pain of his desertion,
I began to lie... and lying to an empty room
is the same as lying to yourself. - I can't see you...
and I don't care to.
As far as I'm concerned, you can never come back!
NEVER COME BACK! BE YAHWEH!... But be
Yahweh way way over somewhere else...
I don't need you... -
And then, I began to cry. And in my tears,
I heard the voice of HIM... and he turned to a
brother, and said this: -
My son's face is too far pressed into my embrace
for him to even know where he is,
and he needs me too much for me to relase
him with either arm. Do me this service.
Come, and open your brother's eyes.
April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is magnificent...
-emily
Post a Comment